Monday, August 18, 2014

To sit or not to sit?

After I gave birth to Daniah, I took 2 years to lose 15 kg.  This time round, I seriously wonder how long I am going to take. Not only am I having to deal with the weight, I have to also deal with a very potruded tummy that is seriously being very stubborn about going down.  So much so, that wearing a corset has become the uniform of the day.

There was one time when I was waiting for a cab by the road when a cab went out of its way, despite having an "On Call" sign to pick me up.  The dear uncle said that he took pity on me cos I was pregnant and yet had to wait in the sun for a cab.  I really did not dare to tell him that I was pregnant, for fear he would ask me to get off his cab!!

The dilemma faced on a daily basis, now that I am a commuter on the Mert, is whether I should take up that seat offered to me.  Who says Singaporeans do not give up seats?  I have received a good share of offers... funny considering that I did not really get one that one time I had to take the dear Mert to work when I was REALLY pregnant.  As opposed to now, when I am just well uhm... potruding! I think it is difficult when the rest of me is relatively slim in contrast to my tummy which makes me look so pregnant.

So to take the seat or not?  I did not want to embarrass those who offer and yet felt seriously guilty takeing cos it felt like I was cheating all these who have nicely been so gracious to me.

So, to resolve the guilt, yes I am going to go on a diet, even it means I am going to walk 3 km or more a day!

No comments: