Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Toilet Training Blues

Sarah is still not fully toilet trained and I have ran out of fingers and toes to count the number of times she has urinated on the car seat. No one told me it is going to be this stressful!

Worse yet is that she is soooo choosy ... she will decide which toilets she will go into and whether it is too dirty or too smelly to her liking. She even held her pee once absolutely refusing to enter into a public toilet cos she deemed it to be too smelly... I didn't even smell a thing! Dun even think of asking her to pee behind any bushes... this is a high class girl here.

Things get worse in Malaysia where are toilets are sooo dirty and hard to come by... and mind you, she does not pee into a squatting toilet... and as you may well know... most toilets in Malaysia are well the squatting type.

It was too my pleasant surprise when we went to Melaka recently and found the toilets in Mahkota Parade shopping centre to be clean and very good. They even had a mummy's room for breast feeding, diaper changing and small toilet bowls for kids... they should have this in every mall.. but the down side was that no daddy's allowed. The lady taking care of that facility had a long interview by me why such a restriction was put in place. She even asked me for my ic number for registration before I could use the facility which led to more interviewing by me as in why, why, why? Her explanation was that it was to allow for easy contacts should we ladies leave anything behind. Wouldn't it be much easier to just leave a phone number? She said oh, people were upset when phone numbers were asked for... You mean people would rather give their ic numbers but not their phone numbers? I guess in Malaysia, that's the case...

No comments: