Thursday, April 19, 2007

What I wanna be... what I wanna be

Sarah: Mama, when I grow up, I want to become a doctor.
Mama: Oh, that's good, Tasnym, what would you like to be?
Tasnym: Marney (Barney)
Sarah: Mama, she wants to be Barney but she does not have a tail right? When she grows up, then her tail would come out! Ha ha ha ha (Sarah's attempt at making a joke!)

Isn't it interesting how parents would get so happy when their children wants to be a doctor. Its hard work, they work on terribly long shifts, and the pay is not exactly that great considering the sacrifice... why is it that parents not encourage their children to be the prime minister, heh they earn millions in a year!!

Or a banker? Why must it be doctors, lawyers and teachers?

I remember once when I asked a child I was working with what his ambition was as a way to encourage him to go to school... his reply - to work in Mac Donalds!! Well that shut me up... you definitely dun need to go school to be that!

No comments: