Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sarah's School Life

Sarah started her nursery classes at Hungry Caterpillar Kindergarten in Jul 06. However, she did not even last beyond 2 weeks. She cried everyday and refused to wear her uniform.. I suspect that its cos from the first day she was taken away from me by her teachers, she got traumatised. She is after all very shy and needed time to warm up to strangers. I was also very unhappy that the bus took one hour to drive her back from Ubi to Eunos!!

So we took her out and now she is in Hanis Montessori Kindergarten. I got to be with her for one whole week and I think that really helped... For one thing, she likes going to school and wears her uniform... except of course there would be days when she gives her nenek a big headache in not wanting to change her pampers and not wanting to wear the right uniform... to me as long as she goes to school.. I'm not complaining.
















Sarah in Hanis Montessori uniform with Tasnym wearing the tudung!

Sarah refuses to wear the tudung and only wore it for the class photo... However, the teacher is complaining that she is not exactly cooperating... I think she dance to her own drum... Not going to be easy to the teachers until they gain her trust...And to think this is a montessori program meaning that lessons are taught one on one. Gosh, I hope she gets to do some learning cos if she persist in not going to the teachers, she is not going to learn anything!! Well she does come home from school telling me her friends names and everything... even calls herself a boy as her class is dominated by boys! Also quite happy that she can say bismillah in complete and would sit and "recite doas"...

Teachers were asking whether she wants to participate for the year end concert and I said no. I know that Sarah is not going to cooperate... don't think she'll even go up the stage!!

No comments: