Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lebaran 2007

Girls in their second day Lebaran outfits... Sooo pretty...
This year's lebaran had a tone of melancholy to it. I had thought that for the first time, I would not be seeing my grandparents but luckily they returned to JB in time for lebaran so I met them after all....


However, the meeting with my grandparents this time was at the hospital as my grandad was hospitalised... yet again. It has been said that his heart is functioning at only 40% of its capacity. Somehow, it may be his last lebaran yet...




Both girls really enjoyed lebaran this year as both understood it better... Sarah even said that she was fasting whenever she did not want to eat what was given to her!!


But the frustrations had also been in dealing with my new maid... cos she is driving me up the wall... she clearly lacks initiative in doing work and has been caught sleeping so many times but the more pressing issue would be her lack of concern for the girls' safety. It amazes me how she can just watch Tasnym run onto the road while she stands calmly by the side. Now that it has been addressed with her, she has gone way over the other side, hovering all the time and simply driving the girls and me nuts. Her attempts tho seems more like driven by desperation to keep the job rather than any genuine concern on her part for the girls. Funny thing is that 2 days ago, my mum caught her dead asleep on the floor snoring away when she was supposed to be supervising Sarah at play.


We have gone to the agent but unfortunately there are no available ones at present due to the festive period...


Even our ketupat didn't turn out too well... sigh...

2 comments:

Annur said...

No..
Your ketupat were great! Or at least the ones I got from you.

Reading about your grandad reminded me of how we celebrated Raya at SGH several years back before Nenek passed away.

didiez said...

I know... had recollections of those days too...