Monday, August 29, 2016

night woes

I seriously do not know what is going on with Daniah.  For slightly over the last month, she has been refusing to sleep in her own bed and insisting to sleep by my bed on the floor.

It all started about 2 weeks into Ramadan.  She will wake me in the middle of the night telling me that she cant go back to sleep and insisting that I accompany her.  Things were fine prior to that.  We just moved home, they had a new custom made bed, and Tasnym and Daniah were sharing a room nicely.

I am not sure what triggered it.  She insists there was nothing disturbing her and that she just didnt have anyone to talk to at night which dont quite make sense.

Tired out after not having very good sleep over a few nights, I decided enough was enough and asked her to sleep on the floor in my room.  My intended plan of having her being tired from sleeping on the floor didnt quite work out as she has nicely settled in there for the last one month or so.

fast forward to now and she is still sleeping on the floor.  Well she no longer wakes me up at night as much which is a fantastic improvement but I end up having to deal with her being on the floor.  Not to mention the other sister who now searches for someone to accompany her at night when she sleeps!

It becomes a musical bed at night in my home.  Even the helper had to desert her own room and start sleeping with Tasnym...  I really am wondering how long this is going to last.  And to think we spent so much on that bunk bed... sigh

No comments: