Thursday, March 29, 2007

Maid-less but happy

My maid was sent home a few days back. I may now be frustrated with having to manage the household chores but I have to admit that I feel relief with her departure and actually happier. I no longer have to face an ugly side of myself that somehow keeps emerging in my dealings with her. And the fact that a stranger has left the home... it makes my home now more of our home and not just a place to sleep in... the feeling is different somewhat...

After my maid left, I was shocked at the state she had left her room and my service balcony. I had pretty much left these two rooms alone since she came. The lack of hygiene, the mess... I couldn't believe my eyes at what I was seeing! She had actually kept potatoes and onions together with my hubby's dirty soccer boots! Do you need anything other than common sense to know that's just not done? I was actually on my knees scrubbing the service balcony floor as something had spilled and she never bothered to wipe it up. 5 garbage bags worth of rubbish was thrown away... things she broke... or just simply unwanted things were all stored there. My pink pajamas... now stained blue... was at the bottom of a basket hidden underneath a pile of towels.... was she even planning to tell me that she had done that? My favourite leather bag was badly damaged and had to be thrown away as she had stuffed all the bags together causing the leather bag to be badly scratched by the zippers of my hubby's gym bags.

To think that I gave her money and things, helped her when she was in need... and she never valued the things that are mine...

I may be struggling with the routines of household chores now... but there is a certain satisfaction in doing it myself ... in knowing that I am doing it MY WAY.... and if I spoiled anything... well it is on my call ...

No comments: