Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Phone Parenting?

I guess as any working parent, I am guilty of phone parenting... when you call your kids from work to check on them, make sure they are doing what you want them to do and even scold! How effective is this really? I mean how much would the child actually do what we asked knowing that we are some distance away and not in the vicinity to catch them not doing what we want...

With Sarah in Primary 1, I am calling to ask her to do some pieces of work, check whether she is ready for school etc etc... and already she has lost 4 different items in school, from her wallet to her colour pencils to her water bottle.... the list goes on! She is so careless!

As it is, I am also having one or the other calling me to complain abt each other! And they even quarrel on the phone, each one shouting at the other over 2 telephones! sigh... Funny thing is that even Daniah is doing this complaining abt some fictional things that Sarah had done to her! Whenever she wants something, she will just say "Sarah take mine!" That one is becoming a complete Tasnym clone!

No comments: